Remembering my auntie,who is married with Minahasa man likes to cook this food. It has been long time I don’t eat this food. And just recently doing food blog walking I found one of my contact The Art and Science of Food cooked this fish. Oh may it kill me. I couldn’t wait any longer to cook it. I cook rica rica slightly different than Pepy.
Lemongrass makes the flavor and aroma of this fish even better. Majority we are Indonesian like to cook with lots of herb including lemongrass.
3 stalks lemongrass
1 fresh lime
2 tomatos finely chopped
couples of finely sliced of galangal
½ tsp sugar
6 limes kaffir leaves, finely sliced
Finely Blend Spices:
3 cloves garlic
3 tbsp ground chilly ( I used sambal oelek, you can easily fine it at your local grocery store)
1. Rinse the fish, I didn’t clean out the fish stomach because mackerels I bought is already clean
2. Rubbing the fish with lime juice and let them stand for about 15 minutes.
3. Deep frying fish until slightly brown. Take them out and set it aside.
4. In pan, stir frying blend spices for about 2 minutes
5. Then add sugar, lemongrass, galangal, kaffir leaves and chopped of tomatoes. Let it simmer slowly for about 5 minutes.
6. Pour the sauce over the fish and served