Friday, October 26, 2007

Fish with spicy rica rica sauce

I am a fish LOVER! Some people don’t like the smell of fish, but I don’t mind at all. Specially deep frying fish, Oh may may, It smell so good! I can’t wait to eat them right away. I am a spicy LOVER too! Love - love spicy. I don’t mind my tongue get fire by the taste of hot food. The spicier is the better.

Remembering my auntie,who is married with Minahasa man likes to cook this food. It has been long time I don’t eat this food. And just recently doing food blog walking I found one of my contact The Art and Science of Food cooked this fish. Oh may it kill me. I couldn’t wait any longer to cook it. I cook rica rica slightly different than Pepy.

Lemongrass makes the flavor and aroma of this fish even better. Majority we are Indonesian like to cook with lots of herb including lemongrass.



So if you like spicy and fish……….. Its may be a good idea for you to try this recipe.


Ingredients:
3 mackerels
3 stalks lemongrass
1 fresh lime
2 tomatos finely chopped
couples of finely sliced of galangal
½ tsp sugar
6 limes kaffir leaves, finely sliced

Finely Blend Spices:
3 cloves garlic
5 shallots
ginger
salt
3 tbsp ground chilly ( I used sambal oelek, you can easily fine it at your local grocery store)

Direction:
1. Rinse the fish, I didn’t clean out the fish stomach because mackerels I bought is already clean
2. Rubbing the fish with lime juice and let them stand for about 15 minutes.
3. Deep frying fish until slightly brown. Take them out and set it aside.
4. In pan, stir frying blend spices for about 2 minutes
5. Then add sugar, lemongrass, galangal, kaffir leaves and chopped of tomatoes. Let it simmer slowly for about 5 minutes.
6. Pour the sauce over the fish and served



5 comments:

Andaliman said...

alamakkkkkkkkkk sumpeh ngilerrrrr
ehh Dwi bedanya cuman, Dwi pk sambal oelek yahh? Sama gak pk pandan yahh?

rachel said...

i like spicy food too.. and this recipe looks good.. should definitely try it..

Resto Mariena said...

Yachhhh kagak makan ikan nih Dwi...bayangin itu tuh ayam aja deh heee

Dwiana P said...

Andaliman: iya gw gk pake pandan pep.

Rachel: when you try I hope you like it. btw I can't view your blog.

Mariena: why Mar? alergi ama fish yah.

Anh said...

I love fish too, and spiciness is a bonus!