Monday, January 29, 2007

Kue Nastar (PINEAPPLE COOKIE)



Kue Nastar is well-known cookie in Indonesia. This cookie is a must to make for many Indonesians during the holiday season either Eidul-Fitri or Christmas. I remember my mom would always make these cookies for Christmas. When she made them, she didn’t make just a few but several dozen!
Up until now I haven’t made a lot of kue nastar for Christmas. But this year, I decided to make some. It tastes exactly the same my mom makes so it gives me many memories of home. But what was different this time is the “situation”. I made it without my beloved mom. It wasn’t the same. I miss you so much Ibu.

What you need:

200 grams of flour
100 grams of margarine or butter
50 grams of confectioner sugar
3 egg yolks
½ teaspoon salt

Mix together flour and salt on a separate bowl put it aside.
Condition butter/margarine with hand until it soft then gradually mix it with confectioner sugar. After all the batter mix together, add them with the egg yolks one by one. And mix them together until really blended.
Gradually pour flour mix. Knead and condition the batter until all mixed together.
Mold the batter on Nastar’s mold or mini tart mold and put some pineapple jam in the middle.
Brush unbaked cookies with egg yolks.
Bake at 375o F for about 15 or until cook

What you need to make pineapple jam:
1 pineapple
100 grams of granulated sugar

Chop pineapple into small pieces or you can use a grater. Place pineapple and sugar in a sauce pan and allow them to boil in low heat.










2 comments:

Jing from myfusionkitchen.com said...

Hi Dwiana. I like your blog! I didn't know about Nastar cookie until I read your blog. It looks very yummy and I'm definitely going to try it out! I checked some other photos of nastar cookie and they look bit different from yours. So you can make it into any shape, is that right? I have a blog too, please check it out and let me know what you think :) Happy cooking.
www.myfusionkitchen.com
Jing

Raja Bolen said...

Terimakasih Artikel Kue Nastar (PINEAPPLE COOKIE) nya bagus dan membantu sekali, semoga sukses selalu yaa .. Aamiin
Salam Resep Kue Kering