Klepon is a dessert made with glutinous rice powder and filled with sweet Javanese brown sugar and coated with coconut flakes. My friend Sinar during her visit here, she showed me how to make Klepon. This dessert takes time to make however it is not very hard to make.
To make Klepon, you need,
For the dough,
250 gram glutinous rice powder
1/2 tsp green food coloring
200 ml coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
For the filling,
50 gram Javanese brown sugar, sliced thinly
100 gram coconut flakes
1. To make the dough, mix glutinous rice flour,add in green food coloring, warm water and salt.
2. Take a little bit of the dough, shape it like a ball and flatten it.
3. Fill the dough with Javanese brown sugar, and shape it into a ball again.
4. Do the same to all the dough and drop them into boiling water until they are cooked (the balls will float when they are cooked).
5. Coat the balls with coconut flakes. Serve!