Friday, December 19, 2008

Nastar (Pineapples) Cookies



nastar copy


Is there any sign of life in Erie? The sun doesn't show her beauty. It is very cold and cloudy most the time. The snow is showing more of its anger! Yes, when the snow decides to fall, we have to work hard to clean up our drive way. Another bonus this month is the freezing rain which caused the road to be slippery. Not only that, this weather also kills my hobby of taking pictures, no sun means no pictures. There, ME, as a grumpy weather channel reported to you LOL

Click +/- below to read more.....
+/-

My first entry for Christmas Cookies hosted by Susan from Food Blogga

During our preparation for Christmas, I want to do other stuffs besides baking. But lately I have been busy baking cookies to be send to families and friends. In Indonesian, it is very popular to bake cookies to celebrate any festive season. . My family back in Indonesia always make NASTAR or PINEAPPLES COOKIES for Christmas. I got this traditional cookies recipe from Eliza 'Notes from my food diary'.

It was dark cloudy and cold the day I baked nastar cookies. Nathaniel looked so bored playing game and watching TV all day. So I decided to played with him by making craft project while the cookies were in the oven.

We glued together every tiny colorful pieces. We made a clown! Nathaniel looked so happy and showed off his project to his dad as soon as he came home.

The making of clown


He called it 'SANTA CLOWN'

Nate's christmas craft


I would love to hear your story too about your holiday time, it can be Christmas, Hanukkah, or New Year. I believe the holiday gives a hectic time but try to enjoy the moment and to love this time of year.


16 comments:

Dewi said...

Wow, First the cookies look awesome, and I miss this so much. I have to spend some times to bake this nastar. I know it's delicious!

Second, Nathaniel look ever so cute and adorable. And I can't get over how beautiful your photographs are.

I can believe that you made that "Santa" clown, very very pretty clown, and my the photo is just stunning.
Have a wonderful season, Dwi.
Always,
Elra

sefa firdaus said...

hidup BG item, hehehehe...
cakep bener foto si nastar n si santa clown... cocok nih buat SLF :))

btw, Nate ganteng deh... kalo udah gede, mau gak dikenalin sama keponakan Tante *wink-wink*

Susan from Food Blogga said...

I'll send you some sunshine if you send me some cookies. ;) Thanks!!

Manggy said...

Sorry about the cold and darkness, Dwiana :( I'm sure those cookies could bring the sunshine in wherever you may be :) I love the golden, crusty exterior!

Indonesia Eats said...

Dwi, ini pada demen item2 nehh :D

Little Corner of Mine said...

Nastar, yummy! My favorite cookies!

Lydia said...

Sending those to me? Pleaseeee.... They look so good! Btw, are they similar to Chinese's pineapple tart?

Unknown said...

wow, those look great. my husband LOVES pineapple. they look like a little more work than i'm used to with baking, but well worth the effort!

Everything4sweets said...

Hi Dwi, we have bad snow storm in here yesterday. By the way nice picture of Nastar.I love nastar, we made the same thing for this Holiday season, I guess, we Indonesian always like Nastar for any occasions, Yumm.....

Anonymous said...

bagooossss...gue pengen ikutan ngemil..hiihih keren dwi

Retno Prihadana said...

Seperti biasanya, tiap liat hasil fotomu....terkagum-kagum. Background hitamnya perfect! Cakep banget, food stylingnya apalagi..nastarnya mintaaaaa...he..he.

Foni said...

aihhh dwi,,cakep banget ini foto.
udah nastarnya bulet bener napsuin, kemasannya cakep pula pake latar item kerennnn..
dah balik blom abis liburan? happy new year ahhh

RiaEnjonk said...

Wuiiih mbak nastarnya sexy sekaleeee, pasti enak bgt nih ...

Anonymous said...

pengobatan untuk mengatasi berbagai macam penyakit secara alami tanpa menyebabkan efek samping Obat Herbal Lambung Bengkak Obat Herbal Batu Empedu Kronis Tanpa Operasi Obat Herbal Polip Hidung Paling Ampuh Obat Herbal Anemia Akut Obat Herbal Tumor Jinak Obat Herbal Cacar Air Paling Ampuh Obat Herbal Varikokel Tanpa Operasi Obat Herbal Kanker Usus Besar Mujarab Obat Herbal TBC akut Obat Herbal Keloid Ampuh Obat Herbal Alzheimer Paling Ampuh

Billy. said...

Helpful and fascinating which we discuss with you so I suspect as much it is exceptionally valuable and educated. I might want to thank you for the activities.

công ty s?n xu?t tvc qu?ng cáo

Abubakar said...

i like your thoughts that you describe in your post
livros de ingles