Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Kung Pao Chicken & Take Out Party

Kung pao chicken


Never get bored with CHINESE FOOD!

Chinese food is so delicious and yet simple to make, I think. I think I only stoped eating Chinese food when I was pregnant. Ok, here is a recipe to use for a CHINESE TAKE OUT PARTY event hosted by a lovely pretty and witty lady. Her name is RITA from Mochachocolata-Rita.

She invited me to join this Celebrating 88th Post: A CHINESE TAKE-OUT PARTY & LUCKY DRAW!

. ...Ah ha, It’s not just flattering that she invited me but also the luck of the draw that it caught my eye. A placemats, napkins, napkins rings and chopsticks, OH I want it LOL.

kung pao chicken


One of my favorite meats is CHICKEN. I can eat chicken every day and never get bored of it. When my husband and I go out to a Chinese restaurant, my hubby likes to order sweet and sour chicken. I really wanted to make it for him the other day but I didn’t have any tomatoes in my refrigerator and I didn’t feel like going out just to purchase tomatoes.

Honey, do you want to eat KUNG PAO CHICKEN for dinner today?

Sure! he said.

So here is KUNG PAO CHICKEN for dinner and also as my entry for CHINESE TAKE OUT PARTY event.

Boneless chicken (cut into small cubes)
1 egg
1 1/2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 tablespoon soy sauce
4 tablespoons peanut oil (I used vegetables oil)
8 green onions, white part only
Red pepper (I used carrots instead)
1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
2 tablespoons rice wine
1 ½ tablespoons Chinese black vinegar
1 ½ tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon minced pared fresh ginger root
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts.

kung pao chicken


Cut chicken into small cubes. Beat egg in medium bowl; add chicken. Sprinkle with 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch; mix well. Stir in 1 tablespoon each soy sauce and vegetable oil. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.

Mix 2 teaspoons cornstarch and the water in small bowl until smooth. Stir in 3 tablespoon soy sauce, the rice wine, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil.

Heat wok over high heat; add 3 tablespoons vegetable oil and heat until hot. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds. Scatter in chicken, about ¼ at a time; stir-fry 1 minute after all chicken has been added. Add carrots and green onion. Stir-fry 30 seconds.

Stir cornstarch mixture; add to wok. Cook and tir until sauce thickens and coats chicken evenly, about 30 seconds. Add peanuts and turn off heat; stir mixture 2 or 3 times. Serve immediately.

This is my favorite spot in zoo, seating in the shade underneath such a colorful tree.

at the zoo



9 comments:

sefa firdaus said...

gue juga doyan banget makanan China.. cuma kalo makan di resto, alamat dehidrasi... soalnya banyakan pake mecin dan msg :D

cepet sembuh ya Dwi tenggorokannya, jangan makan yg berminyak dulu :D

Sheila said...

Dwiii, samaan kita!! Hasil semedi bareng lewat mimpi kali yaa..hehehe. Gue juga tergiur sama hadiahnya, Dwi. Tapi malu nyebutin di blog gue *jaim banget gak seehh*.

Eh, lagi sakit tenggorokan ya? Kok samaan lagi sih??!! Tenggorokan gue lagi sakit banget. Semalem aja gak bisa ngomong...huhuhu. Semoga kita cepet sembuh ya.

Btw, gue suka food styling lo. Fotonya juga tajem, Dwi.

Lady Batya said...

Pernah makan nih Dwi di Jkt tp lom pernah buat sendiri.

Ichh gw suka poto bangku di zoo ama bunga nya..cantikkkkkkkkkk

Elsye said...

Dwiiii...waaa udah bawa potluck...qiqiqi, aku belum uey besok kali ya...

btw bener kata sheila ama elo, gu ejuga ngincer hadiahnya..wakakakak...tapi emang asik kok..

cepet sembuh ya Dwi..:D

Unknown said...

nice food styling Dwi. it's so you! ;)

cepet sembuh yaa.. am struggling with my coughing dah seminggu nih. during the weekend kemaren malahan sampe ilang swaranya.

A.G said...

smg cepet sembuh.... kemaren aku ada 3 minggu gatel-2 n serak ternggorokan. Tak kasi obat batuk ma repsils ampe numb lidahku hehe...

chinese food is de best, kl jalan-2 pasti nyarinya chinese resto krn nyediain nasi hihihi

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

YUM YUM YUM :)

tigerfish said...

Ya, I'm never bored with Chinese food!

SIG said...

Hi Dwiana, you have a lovely blog. It's my first visit even though I've seen you around. Lovely photography.